Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident, 18 years of age or older, reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area, and an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WLOS-TV (the “Station), WMYA, Hunter Automotive, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba Upickem, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address.
(b) To enter, log onto the WLOS ABC 13 Facebook page at www.facebook.com/News13, and fan both the WLOS ABC 13 Facebook page and the Hunter Automotive Facebook page to access the Hunter Games Gas Card Contest online contest entry page on the Inside News 13 Facebook Tab. Complete the online entry form located on the Facebook tab with your name, address, phone number, and birth date in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 8 a.m. EST and ends at 12:00 a.m. EST on August 30, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 12:00 a.m. EST the last Thursday of every month during the contest period to be eligible for the monthly drawing. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) The last Friday of every month during the Contest Period beginning June 29, 2012, one (1) monthly winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of three (3) winners. All valid entries received will not carry over and be eligible for the next monthly drawing.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner per month will be selected for a total of three (3) winners. Each winner will receive one (1) $750 Visa gift card. The prize is subject to Visa gift card terms and conditions.
2. The winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification Before claiming prizes, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 2 business days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
3. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 by September 30, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Hunter Automotive, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba Upickem, Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest,
6. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.