News 13 Valentine’s Couple Selfie Photo Contest 2013
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident, 18 years of age or older, reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area, and an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WLOS-TV (the “Station), WMYA, The Chocolate Fetish, Massage Envy, Parkers’ Karat Patch, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba Upickem, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per IP address.
(b) To enter, log onto WLOS.com and click on the News 13 Valentine’s Couple Selfie Photo Contest link in the contest section to access the Upickem online contest entry form. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, upload your couple selfie photo and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) the picture includes the entrant as part of the couple depicted, (ii) that they own the original picture submitted, (iii) the picture does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iv) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at www.wlos.com/station/features/terms-conditions/#.UuFEM-Io6po. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts on January 24, 2014 and ends at 10:00AM EST on February 7, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of four (4) judges based on the following criterion: creativity (50%) and on-air appeal (50%). On February 7, 2014, the judges will determine one (1) winner based on the score for the criterion set forth above. The decisions of the judges shall be final.
(f) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. The winner will receive a box of chocolates from the Chocolate Fetish valued at one hundred dollars ($100), a couple’s massage at Massage Envy valued at one hundred and fifty-six dollars ($156), and a two hundred and fifty ($250) dollar gift certificate to Parkers’ Karat Patch. The total value of the prize is five hundred and six dollars ($506).
2. The winner will be notified by phone. The winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification. Before claiming prizes, the winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within 2 business days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, an another winner will be determined by the judges as the entrant with the next highest score.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
2. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 by February 28, 2014.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Chocolate Fetish, Massage Envy, Parkers’ Karat Patch, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba Upickem, Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest,
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.